Personal Finance• Oklahoma short on storm shelters
Twisters keep returning, but residents have few places to go.
• Anthony Weiner launches bid to become NYC mayor
The ex-congressman who resigned over raunchy tweets says he running for mayor of New York.
• Immigration bill clears key Senate panel
President Obama praised the Senate Judiciary Committee's action.
• N. Korean leader sends special envoy to China
North Korea sent a top military official in an apparent bid to mend frayed relations.
• Garcetti holds slim lead as L.A. picks new mayor
Councilman Eric Garcetti has a slim lead in early returns over Controller Wendy Greuel.
• Senate panel backs arming Syria rebels
A committee supports legislation that would send arms to vetted members.
• Up to 30 hurt in crash in northwest Ohio
BOWLING GREEN, Ohio (AP) — The state Highway Patrol says up to 30 people have been injured in a crash between a commercial bus and a car on Interstate 75 in northwest Ohio.
• Man charged in death of missing Maine teenager
Nichole Cable told her family she was going to see someone she'd met on Facebook.
• Death toll rises to 28 in Indonesia mine accident
The Arizona-based company closed the world's second-largest copper mine last week.
• Jodi Arias asks jury to spare her death penalty
She pleaded with an Arizona jury to sentence her instead to life in prison.
• FBI ID's Benghazi suspects, but no arrests yet
There isn't enough proof to try them in a U.S. civilian court, officials say.
• Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A mysterious respiratory illness has left five people hospitalized and two dead in southeast Alabama, state health officials said Tuesday.
• Pentagon seeks $450M for Guantanamo
The funds will maintain and upgrade the prison that President Obama wants to close.
• Ark. treasurer resigns amid charges she took cash
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Arkansas' state treasurer resigned Tuesday after being accused of accepting at least $36,000 cash in exchange for steering business to an investment broker, bowing to bipartisan calls to step down or face removal from office.
• Rare 'Harry Potter' first edition fetches record auction price
The 1997 book features handwritten notes, original illustrations and a "second thoughts" commentary by the author.
• Gay teen faces charges for contact with underage girlfriend
An 18-year-old Florida cheerleader is facing felony charges that she had sexual contact with her underage, 14-year-old girlfriend.
• Lawyer: No background check done on Jackson's doctor
EG Live did not supervise the doctor who was later convicted of killing the star, an attorney testified.